A logical and systematic explanation of the meridian system
The course dismantles the meridian system into its various components and explains the logic behind meridian location and its associated function. Using Yin/Yang Theory and 5 element classification the placement, association and movement of the meridians becomes self-evident. The course begins with general concepts and ideas and progresses to the individual pathways of each meridian. Participants gain a real idea of how and why the meridians are setup in such a way. This course is not about memorizing the meridians but understanding them in order to facilitate their use.
Students should have basic knowledge of the classification and function of Zang-Fu according to the 5 element modal
Objectives of course
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
• Understand the yin/yang make-up of the human body
• Identify the 3 major divisions of the body and 6 major meridians
• Which 5 element yin or yang organ is associated with each meridian
• The organisation of the meridians on the arms, legs, torso, and head
• Know and remember the order that the Qi flows in the meridians and the direction of each flow
• Have the building block for understanding how to locate acupuncture points on their given meridian
Material A PowerPoint presentation and handouts accompany this course.